Spanish La Liga
The occupants of the Top 4 remain the same and in the same position from the start of the round but Real Sociedad’s lead at the top has been narrowed down to a single point, while Real Madrid is closer to 5th place than 3rd.
Real Socieadad’s lead at the top is narrowed to a point.
Barcelona made a leap from 13th to 7th.
Atletico Madrid, Sevilla, Barcelona, and Elche have 2 games in hand
Real Madrid, Granada, Athletic Club, Osasuna, and Levante have a game in hand.
Celta Vigo remained in the relegation zone but off the bare bottom of the league standings.
Huesca are the new bottom team.
Mikel Oyarzabal sits top of the goalscoring list with 7 goals.
Real Valladolid 1-1 Levante
Goal Scorers – Real Valladolid – Marcos de Sousa 57′
Goal Scorers – Levante – Jose Campana 83′(pen)
Elche 1-1 Cadiz
Goal Scorers – Elche – Lucas Boyé 38′
Goal Scorers – Cadiz – Alvaro Gimenez 55′
Valencia 0-1 Atlético Madrid
Goal Scorers – Atletico Madrid – Toni Lato 79′(og)
Huesca 0-1 Sevilla
Goal Scorers – Sevilla – Youssef En-Nesyri 83′
Real Madrid 1-2 Alaves
Goal Scorers – Real Madrid – Casemiro 86′
Goal Scorers – Alaves – Lucas Perez 5′(pen) Joselu 49′
Barcelona 4-0 Osasuna
Goal Scorers – Barcelona – Martin Braitwaite 29′ Antoine Griezmann 42′ Philippe Coutinho 57′ Lionel Messi 73′
Getafe 1-1 Athletic Club
Goal Scorers – Getafe – Angel Rodriguez 75′
Goal Scorers – Athletic Club – Asier Villalibre 9′
Celta Vigo 3-1 Granada
Goal Scorers – Celta Vigo – Nolito 27′ Miguel Baeza 81′ Fran Beltran 85′
Goal Scorers – Granada – Luis Suarez 25′
Real Sociedad 1-1 Villarreal
Goal Scorers – Real Sociedad – Mikel Oyarzabal 33′ (pen)
Goal Scorers – Villarreal – Gerard morno 6′ (pen)
Real Betis 0-2 Eibar
Goal Scorers – Eibar – Yoshinori Muto 49′ Esteban Burgos 54′(pen)
- A late penalty allowed Levante to rescue a point on the road against Valladolid.
A third ‘1-1’ draw in a row for Elche after a draw with fellow recently promoted Cadiz.
- It was a narrow in, but the three points were picked up in Valencia by Atletico Madrid. An own goal by Toni Lato handed Atletico Madrid a 1-0 win at the Mestalla.
- 11 games played and Huesca are the only team left in the league without a win. Youssen En-Nesyri scored in the 83rd-minute to get Sevilla a win at Huesca.
- It was three games without a win for Real Madrid in the league after Alaves picked up an away victory in a 2-1 win.
- Lionel Messi scored the final goal of the game and paid his tribute to the late Diego Maradona. On the day the club celebrated their 121th birthday, Barcelona bounced back from defeat to pick up 3 points from a 4-0 win against Osasuna.
Getafe came from behind to even the score against Athletic Club, but the ‘1-1’ score meant five matches without a win for Getafe since their win against Barcelona.
- Celta Vigo picked up win #2 in the league after 8 games without. They had to come from a goal down to win 3-1 against Granada. (4 games without a win for Granada in the league; a draw and 3 straight defeats).
- The points were shared between Real Scoeidad and Villarreal for both teams to keep their place in the league standings.
- A potential opening goal ruled out by VAR and a late penalty missed didn’t stop Eibar from a win against Real Betis. Eibar ended a run of three games without a win with a 2-0 victory that also stretched Real Betis’s streak of defeat to three.