Italian Serie A
AC Milan’s lead grew to 5 points. They are now 6 points clear off the defending champions.
Inter Milan and Sassuolo are keeping the pace with AC Milan on 18 points each.
Juventus, Napoli, and Roma are on 17 points each.
Torino picked up a point; the only team in the relegation spot to pick up a point.
The two leading scorers in the league were not in action this round, but their place remained,
Zlatan Ibrahimovic (AC Milan) – 10 goals
Cristiano Ronaldo (Juventus) – 8 goals
Sassuolo 0-3 Inter Milan
Goal Scorers – Inter Milan – Alexis Sanchez 4′ Vlad Chirches 14′(og) Roberto Gagliadini 60′
Benevento 1-1 Juventus
Goal Scorers – Benevento – Gaetano Letizia 45+4′
Goal Scorers – Juventus – Alvaro Morata 21′
Atalanta 0-2 Hellas Verona
Goal Scorers – Hellas Verona – Miguel Veloso 62′ (pen) Mattia Zaccagni 83′
Lazio 1-3 Udiensea
Goal Scorers – Lazio – Ciro Immobile 74′(pen)
Goal Scorers – Udinese – Tolgay Arslan 18′ Ignacio Pussetto 45+3′ Fernando Forestieri 71′
Bologna 1-0 Crotone
Goal Scorers – Bologna – Roberto Soriano 45+2′
AC Milan 2-0 Fiorentina
Goal Scorers – AC Milan – Alessio Romagnoli 17′ Franck Kessie 27′(pen)
Cagliari 2-2 Spezia
Goal Scorers – Cagliari – Joao Pedro 52′ Leonardo Pavoletti 58′
Goal Scorers – Spezia – Emmanuel Gyasi 36′ M’Bala Nzola 90+4′(pen)
Napoli 4-0 Roma
Goal Scorers – Napoli – Lorenzo Insigne 31′ Fabian 64′ Dries Mertens 81′ Matteo Politano 86′
Torino 2-2 Sampdoria
Goal Scorers – Torino – Andrea Belotti 25′ Soualiho Meite 77′
Goal Scorers – Sampdoria – Antonio Candreva 54′ Fabio Quagliarella 63′
Genoa 1-2 Parma
Goal Scorers – Genoa – Eldor Shomurodov 50′
Goal Scorers – Parma – Gervinho 10′ 47′
- Inter Milan opened the r round with a 3-0 win on the road against a Sassuolo side that could have used a win to close in on the top spot. The result allowed Inter to leap above Sassuolo in the standings.
- A goal from Gaetano Letizia at the end of the opening half allowed Benevento to even the score and pick up a point at home against Juventus.
- Hellas Verona went to Bergamo and picked up three points from a 2-0 win against Atalanta. The result allowed Hellas Verona to move a point above Atalanta in the standings, while leaving Atalanta at three league games without a win.
- Lazio suffered a 3-1 defeat at home at the hands of Udinese. A back to back league win for Udinese and a first defeat for Lazio in 9 competitive matches.
- Roberto Soriano’s goal at the end of the opening half was all Bologna needed to make it a consecutive league victory with a win against a Crotone side that remains without a win since the start of the season.
- ‘No Zlatan, No Problem’. AC Milan found the win needed to keep their top spot in the league after holding on to 2 first half goals to get the result that also extended Fiorentina winless run in the league to 4 matches.
- So far Sassuolo, AC Milan, and Juventus are the teams to have beaten newly-promoted Spezia. M’Bala Nzola scored deep into the addtitinal time to get Spezia a point from a ‘2-2’ draw in Cagliari.
- Napoli celebrated Diego Maradona’s life in style by handing Roma their first ‘real’ defeat in the league (and in all competitions) since the start of the season. If finished in Naples as a 4-0 win for Napoli to leap above Roma in the league standings with equal points accumulated after 9 rounds.
- The points were shared in Turin. Torino and Sampdoria ended in a 2-all draw.
Gervinho’s brace led Parama to their second win of the season. Parama picked up 3 points from Genoa.