With two games in hand, Atletico Madrid takes top spot in the league standings.
12 rounds into the season and Real Madrid and Atletico Madrid are the traditional ‘top 4’ teams in the top 4 spots in the standings.
Cadiz are currently in the Europa League qualification spot and a win away from being part of the ‘Top 4’.
Huesca dropped the ball to remain the only team without a win since the start of the season.
Athletic Club 0-2 Celta Vigo
Goal Scorers – Celta Vigo – Hugo Mallo 61′ Iago Aspas 78′
Levante 3-0 Getafe
Goal Scorers – Levante – Roger 5′ Daniel Gomez 17′ Jorge de Frutos 57′
Sevilla 0-1 Real Madrid
Goal Scorers – Real Madrid – Yassine Bounou 55′(og)
Atletico Madrid 2-0 Real Valladolid
Goal Scorers – Atlético Madrid – Thomas Lemar 56′ Marcos Llorente 72′
Cadiz 2-1 Barcelona
Goal Scorers – Cadiz – Alvaro Gimenez 8′ Alavaro Negredo 63′
Goal Scorers – Barcelona – Pedro Alcala 57′(og)
Granada 3-3 Huesca
Goal Scorers – Granada – Luis Suarez 43′ Jorge Molina 88′ German Sanchez 90′
Goal Scorers – Huesca – Mikel Rico 21′ Borja Garcia 49′ Shinji Okazaki 82′
Osasuna 0-2 Real Betis
Goal Scorers – Real Betis – Borja Iglesias 76′ Juan Miranda 90+1′
Villarreal 0-0 Elche
Alavés 0-0 Real Sociedad
Eibar 0-0 Valencia
- After ending a run of 8 lague defeats without a win in the last round, Celta Vigo made it a consecutive win after a 2-0 win in Bilbao.
- Levante picked up win number 2 of the season to end a streak of five games of ‘1-1’ draws. It ended as a 3-0 win against Getafe. It’s now 6 games without a win for Getafe since beating Barcelona.
- A narrow victory in Seville allowed Real Madrid to end their winless run in the league at 3 games.
- Atletico Madrid continues to cash in on wins in the league. They found the needed goals in the second half to grab three points at home against Valladolid.
- The shocker of the round was FC Barcelona ending up on the wrong end of
A 2-1 score against recently promoted Cadiz. Defensive errors at the back allowed Alvaro Nregredo scored the winner for Cadiz just a minute after coming off the bench; and just minutes after Barcelona found an equalizing goal for Alvaro Gimenez game opening goal for Cadiz.
- Huesca failed to hold on to a two goal lead in the final 5 minutes of regulation time to lose their chance of grabbing their opening win of the season. It finished a 3-all draw in Granada, after the home team found two late goals in the 88th-minute and in the 90th-minute to avoid a 4th straight defeat in the league.
- Real Betis win away against Osasuna after getting two goals in the final quarter of the match to avoid defeat number 4 in a row. Osasuna’s points from their last 5 matches have been from a draw against a Huesca side that has yet to win a game this season.
- Elche held Villarreal from getting closer to the top two.
- Real Sociedad loses top spot in the league after being held to a goalless draw by a 10-man Alaves.
- Three straight games of points dropped in the league for Valencia after a goalless draw at Eibar.