French Ligue 1
The gap between the four teams at the top of the league was widened from 6 to 8 points.
Despite Marseille closing the gap between themselves and Paris St. Germains by a point, it feels like a gain of two points for Paris St. Germain. Paris St. Germain had their match at Strasbourg postponed by the plans to help prevent the Coronavirus. The expectation here is that Paris St. Germain will seal a victory when they make up for the match in hand to add an extra 2-points to their lead at the top of the Ligue 1 standings.
28 rounds into the 2019/20 season and Paris St. Germain has a 12 point lead to defend their status as champions.
Toulouse is sinking at the bare bottom of the Ligue 1 standings with 3 wins from 28 matches.
Toulouse, Amiens, and Dijon stayed put in the relegation-zone with Amiens being the team to avoid defeat over the round.
Kylian Mbappe (Paris St. Germain) – 18 goals
Wissam Ben Yedder (Monaco) – 18 goals
Moussa Dembele (Lyon) – 16 goals
French Ligue 1
Marseille 2-2 Amiens
Goal Scorers Marseille – Morgan Sanson 45+1′ Dimitri Payet 57′
Goal Scorers Amiens – Sehrou Guirassy 84′(pen) Saman Ghoddos 90+5′
Strasbourg pp Paris St. Germain
Angers 2-0 Nantes
Goal Scorers Angers – Antonin Bobichon 48′ Romain Thomas 53′
Dijon 2-1 Toulouse
Goal Scorers Dijon – Hamza Mendyl 40′ Naif Aguerd 53′
Goal Scorers Toulouse – Quentin Boisgard 41′
Metz 2-1 Nimes
Goal Scorers Metz – Opa Nguette 7′ John Boye 81′
Goal Scorers Nimes – Lucas Deaux 49′
Nice 2-1 Monaco
Goal Scorers Nice – Kasper Dolberg 59′ 90+3′
Goal Scorers Monaco – Wissam Ben Yedder 32′
Reims 1-0 Brest
Goal Scorers Reims – El Bilal Toure 37′
Saint-Etienne 1-1 Bordeaux
Goal Scorers Saint_Etienne – Denis Bouanga 68′
Goal Scorers Bordeaux -Josh Maja 65′
Rennes 5-0 Montpellier
Goal Scorers Rennes – Faitout Maouassa 9′ Adrien Hunou 28′ 87′(pen) Flavien Tait 68′ Romain Del Castillo 73′(pen)
Lille 1-0 Lyon
Goal Scorers Lille – Loic Remy 33′
- Marseille dropped a two goal lead at the end of the match to drop two points at home against relegation-zoned Amiens.
- Angers used a win against Nantes to move into the top half of the league table.
Three league wins in a row for Angers after a ‘2-0’ victory against Nantes. – The result handed Nantes consecutive league defeat and allowed Angers to leap above in the league standings by 2 points.
- Toulouse continues to sink after another match without a win.
Naif Aguerd’s 53rd-minute goal for Dijon made it a 6th-straight defeat in a streak 19 competitive matches without a win for Toulouse. (18 defeats and a draw).
The last victory for Toulouse was on October 30, 2019 in Coupe de la Ligue ‘Round of 32’ match against Ligue 2 Niort side that is currently battling to avoid dropping down into third division.
- Back-to-back win for Metz and three straight defeats for Nimes after John Boye’s goal in the 81st-minute gave Metz a 2-1 home win against Nimes.
- Wissam Ben Yedder joined Kylian Mbappe at the top of the scoring list with his 18th goal of the season but it wasn’t enough to give Monaco a win at Nice.
Kasper Dolberg scored two second-half goals; including an injury time winner to bring Nice from a goal down to seal three points at home.
- They played the final 20+ minutes of the match with a numerical disadvantage, but Reims held on to their lead to win 1-0 against Brest.
- Saint-Etienne gets a ‘1-1’ draw at home against Bordeaux to extend their winless run in the league to 7 consecutive matches.
Bordeaux is also 4 straight league matches without a win.
- Adrien Hunou grabbed two of Rennes 5 goals against Montpellier.
Rennes bounced back from their Coupe de France elimination by thrashing Montpellier ‘5-0’. The result keeps Rennes two wins away from second-place Marseille.
- Lyon fall from 5th to 7th after losing at Lille.
Lyon needed a victory at Lille to cut the point gap between the two teams in half but a 33rd-minute goal from Loic Remy was enough to hand Lille the win to open a 9 point gap between the two teams in the league standings.