Bayern stayed top and the four teams behind switched their positions.
Bayern Munich gained a point at the top of the table to widen their lead in the title race to three points.
Borussia Dortmund moves to second place after a win against Borussia Monchengladbach.
Borussia Dortmund and RB Leipzig switch positions.
Dortmund used a win at Monchengladbach to move to 2nd, while RB Leipzig dropped to 3rd after a goalless draw at Wolfsburg.
Bayer Leverkusen and Borussia Monchengladbach switch positions.
Leverkusen used a win against Eintracht Frankfurt to move up to 4th, while Monchengladbach fell to 5th after defeat to Dortmund.
In the relegation avoidance race, Fortuna Dusseldorf and Werder Bremen picked up a point each, while Paderborn continued to sink with another defeat.
Robert Lewandowski (Bayern Munich) -25 goals
Timo Werner (RB Leipzig) 21 goals
Paderborn 1-2 FC Koln
Goal Scorers Paderborn – Dennis Srbeny 73′
Goal Scorers FC Koln – Jorge Mere 28′ Jonas Hector 36′
Bayer Leverkusen 4-0 Eintracht Frankfurt
Goal Scorers Bayer Leverkusen – Kai Havertz 4′ Karim Bellarabi 14′ Paulinho 49′ 55′
Freiburg 3-1 Union Berlin
Goal Scorers Freiburg – Roland Sallai 34′ Christian Gunter 55′ Robin Koch 82′
Goal Scorers Union Berlin – Sebastian Andersson 61′
Hertha Berlin 2-2 Werder Bremen
Goal Scorers Hertha Berlin – Niklas Stark 41′ Matheus Cunha 60′
Goal Scorers Werder Bremen – Joshua Sargent 3′ Davy Klaassen 6′
Schalke 1-1 Hoffenheim
Goal Scorers Schalke – Weston McKennie 20′
Goal Scorers Hoffenheim – Christoph Baumgartner 69′
Wolfsburg 0-0 RB Leipzig
Borussia Monchengladbach 1-2 Borussia Dortmund
Goal Scorers Borussia Monchengladbach – Lars Stindl 50′
Goal Scorers Borussia Dortmund – Thorgan Hazard 8′ Achraf Hakimi 71′
Bayern Munich 2-0 Augsburg
Goal Scorers Bayern Munich – Thomas Muller 53′ Leon Goretzka 90+1′
Mainz 1-1 Fortuna Dusseldorf
Goal Scorers Mainz – Levin Mete Oztunali 62′
Goal Scorers Fortuna Dusseldorf – Kenan Karaman 85′
- Two goals in the first half lead FC Koln to a win against bottom table Paderborn.
Paderborn winless in six. It’s 4 defeats in a row for Paderborn and 5 defeats in their last 6 matches.
- Paulinho’s two goals in the second-half added to the two early goals from Kai Havertz and Karim Bellarabi as Bayer Leverkusen made it 9 games unbeaten with a 4-0 home victory over Eintracht Frankfurt.
- Freiburg used a ‘3-1’ home victory to double the points in gap between themselves and Union Berlin.
- Relegation-zoned Werder Bremen blew an early 2-goal lead in Berlin to leave with a point.
Werder Bremen were ‘2-0’ up in the opening 7 minutes of the match but things were leveled by the hour mark by Hertha Berlin, as the match went on to end in a ‘2-2’ draw.
- Schalke put an end to a 3-match losing run with a draw against Hoffenheim. It was a result that allowed Schalke to keep their 2-point lead on Hoffenheim in the league standings.
- RB Leipzig is held to a goalless draw in Wolfsburg.
- Borussia Dortmund picked up a ‘2-1’ win on the road against Borussia Monchengladbach.
Achraf Hakimi 71st-minute winning gotal allowed Borussia Dortmund to get the three points to take advantage of RB Leipzig’s failure to come from Wolfsburg with a win.
- No Lewandowski, no scoring problem.
Bayern Munich keep top spot with an expected win at home against Augsburg.
- Kenan Karaman’s 85th-minute equalizing goal allowed Fortuna Dusseldorf to escape Mainz with a deserved point from a ‘1-1’ draw.
The result denied Mainz from widening the gap in points between the two teams as the both work on avoiding the relegation-threat.