Spanish La Liga
Granada 1-0 Sevilla
Goal Scorers – Granada – Yangel Herrera 82′
Celta Vigo 0-2 Atlético Madrid
Goal Scorers – Atlético Madrid – Luis Suarez 6′ Yannich Carrasco 90+5′
Real Madrid 0-1 Cadiz
Goal Scorers – Cadiz – Anthony Lozano 16′
Getafe 1-0 Barcelona
Goal Scorers – Getafe – Jamie Mata 56′(pen)
Eibar 0-0 Osasuna
Athletic Club 2-0 Levante
Goal Scorers – Athletic Club – Alex Berenguer 68′ Inaki Williams 79′
Villarreal 2-1 Valencia
Goal Scorers – Villarreal – Paco Alcácer 6′ (pen) Daniel Parejo 69′
Goal Scorers – Valencia – Goncalo Guedes 37′
Alaves 0-2 Elche
Goal Scorers – Elche – Pere Milla 39′ Tete Morente 86′
Huesca 2-2 Real Valladolid
Goal Scorers – Huesca – Rafa Mir 52′ Sandro Ramirez 56′
Goal Scorers – Real Valladolid – Bruno Gonzalez 35′ Waldo Rubio 51′(pen)
Real Betis 0-3 Real Sociedad
Goal Scorers – Real Sociedad – Cristián Portu 43′ Mikel Oyarzabal 74′(pen) Adnan Januzaj 88′
Real Sociedad climbed to the top of the league after a 3-0 victory.
The chasing pack have matches in hand to make up the difference in the title race.
Early title race in Spain is a tight one. We will have to wait and see how things pan out after all the teams have fulfilled their scheduled fixtures.
Leading Top Scorers
Paco Alcácer (Villarreal) – 4
Iago Aspas (Celta Vigo) – 3
Ansu Fati (Barcelona )-3
Maxi Gómez (Valencia) – 3
José Luis Morales (Levante) – 3
Gerard Moreno (Villarreal) – 3
Luis Suárez )Atlético Madrid) – 3
- Yangel Herrera’s goal in the 82nd minute took all three points in the match against Sevilla.
- Luis Suarez scored an early goa; which ended up being the winning goal for Atletico Madrid against Celta Vigo. The result ended Atletico Madrid’s short winless run at two matches, while stretching Celta Vigo’s losing run to 3 league games.
- All of Cadiz wins since promotion have come on away grounds. They’ve also not conceded a goal away. Newly-promoted Cadiz shocked defending champions Real Madrid with a 1-0 win. The result ended unbeaten home run in the league that had lasted from the beginning of the 2019/20 season.
- Jamie Mata converted a penalty into goal in the 56th-minute to hand Getafe a ‘1-0’ win at home against Barcelona.
- Second-half goals from Alex Berenguer and Inaki Williams allowed Athletic Club ended a two-game losing run with a 2-0 win against Levante.
- Dani Parejo scored the winning goal for Villarreal to hand Valencia a consecutive defeat in the league.
- Newly-promoted Elche continued to stay unbeaten since their opening fixture of the season. Elche were 2-0 winners against Alaves.
- Huesca extended their run of draws in the league to 4 games by coming from 2-goals down for a point against Real Valladolid.
- It was back-to-back 3-0 wins for Real Sociedad after beating Real Betis to take the top spot in the La Liga standings.