A narrow win keeps Real Sociedad top of the league standings in Spain.
Atletico Madrid are win away from the top with 2 games in hand to take top spot with a win in both.
Barcelona falls from the top half of the standings to 13th. (Still with two games in hand).
Celta Vigo dropped to the bottom of the league table after defeat against Sevilla.
Mikel Oyarzabal (Real Sociedad) – 6 goals
Paco Alcácer (Villarreal) – 5 goals
Iago Aspas (Celta Vigo) – 5 goals
João Félix (Atlético Madrid) – 5 goals
Gerard Moreno (Villarreal) – 5 goals
Luis Suárez (Atlético Madrid) – 5 goals
Spanish La Liga
Osasuna 1-1 Huesca
Goal Scorers – Osasuna – David Garcia 68′
Goal Scorers – Huesca – Sandro Ramirez 5′
Levante 1-1 Elche
Goal Scorers – Levante – Gonzalo Melero 12′
Goal Scorers – Elche – Tete Morente 64′
Villarreal 1-1 Real Madrid
Goal Scorers – Villarreal – Gerard Moreno 76′(pen)
Goal Scorers – Real Madrid – Mariano Diaz 2′
Sevilla 4-2 Celta Vigo
Goal Scorers – Sevilla – Jules Kounde 5′ Youssef En-Nesyri 45+3′ Sergio Escudero 85′ Munir El Haddadi 87′
Goal Scorers – Celta Vigo – Iago Aspas 10′ Nolito 36′
Atletico Madrid 1-0 Barcelona
Goal Scorers – Atlético Madrid – Yannick Carrasco 45+3′
Eibar 0-0 Getafe
Cádiz 0-1 Real Sociedad
Goal Scorers – Real Sociedad – Alexander Isak 66′
Granada 1-3 Valladolid
Goal Scorers – Granada – Domingo Duarte 63′
Goal Scorers – Valladolid – Oscar Plano 45+2′ Marcos de Sousa 53′ jota 90′
Alaves 2-2 Valencia
Goal Scorers – Alaves – Ximo Navarro 2′ Lucas Perez 16′
Goal Scorers – Valencia – Manuel Vallejo 72′ Hugo Guillamon 77′
Athletic Club 4-0 Real Betis
Goal Scorers – Athletic Club – Victory Ruiz 9′(og) Ander Capa 33′ Iker Muniain 59′ Alex Berenguer 68′
- Huesca got an early lead but couldn’t hold on to secure their first win of the season. 10 games into the Spanish La Liga season; and Huesca remain the only team without a win.
- Levante missed out on win #2 in the league after Elche found a goal in the second-half to cancel the early lead Gonzalo Melero had given Levante.
- A ‘1-1’ draw against Villarreal was the best Real Madrid could do to recover from their 4-1 hammering in the last round against Valencia. Gerard Moreno scored from the spot in the 76th minute to cancel the early lead that Mariano Diaz had given Real Madrid in the 2nd minute.
- Two goals in the final 10 minutes of the regulation time allowed Sevilla to pick up a win at home against Celta Vigo.
- Atletico Madrid stretched their unbeaten run in the league to 24 matches, while also putting an end to a 20-game winless run in the league against Barcelona with a 1-0 win. Yannick Carrasco capitalized on Ter Stegen’s goalkeeping error to score the only goal of the match.
- Goalless draw between Eibar and Getafe.
- Alexander Isak’s goal gave Real Sociedad the win to keep them top spot in the league. Real Sociedad won 1-0 against Cadiz. Their 6th straight victory in the league since defeat against Valencia.
- “Granada 1-3 Real Valladolid” – A back-to-back league defeat for Granada and a back-to-back league victory for Real Valladolid.
- Valencia came from behind to deny Alaves a win. It’s three straight draws in the league for Alaves; and three in a row where they blew a lead.
- Athletic Club 4-0 Real Betis – Real Betis went from a 5-2 defeat to a 4-0 defeat. Their last victory in the league in the last 5 games have been against newly-promoted Elche.