THE MILAN TEAMS DROPPED POINTS – AC MILAN PICKED UP NONE, WHILE INTER MILAN DROPPED TWO.
Defeat narrowed AC Milan’s lead but the worst case scenario was avoided since Inter Milan failed to win their game.
Napoli are thrown out of the ‘top four’ after getting slapped with a defeat by Hellas Verona.
A late winning goal got Roma the maximum points to take advantage of the Milan clubs slipping.
Juventus entered the ‘top four’ with a match in hand.
Atalanta moved up a position.
Cristiano Ronaldo (Juventus) – 15 goals
Ciro Immobile (Lazio) – 13 goals
Zlatan Ibrahimović (AC Milan) – 12 goals
Luis Muriel (Atalanta) – 11 goals
João Pedro (Cagliari) – 10 goals
BENEVENTO 2-2 TORINO
Goal Scorers – Benevento – Vicolas Viola 31′(pen) Gianluca Lapadula 49′
Goal Scorers – Torino – Simone Zaza 51′ 90+3′
ROMA 4-3 SPEZIA
Goal Scorers – Roma – Borja Mayoral 17′ 52′ Rick Karsdorp 55′ Lorenzo Pellegrini 90+2′
Goal Scorers – Spezia – Roberto Piccoli 24′ Diego Farias 59′ Daniel Verde 90′
AC MILAN 0-3 ATALANTA
Goal Scorers – Atalanta – Cristian Romero 26′ Josip Ilicic 53′ (pen) Duvan Zapata 77′
UDINESE 0-0 INTER MILAN
FIORENTINA 2-1 CROTONE
Goal Scorers – Fiorentina – Giacomo Bonaventura 20′ Dusan Vlahovic 32′
Goal Scorers – Crotone – Simy 66′
JUVENTUS 2-0 BOLOGNA
Goal Scorers – Juventus – Arthur 15′ Weston McKennie 71′
GENOA 1-0 CAGLIARI
Goal Scorers – Genoa – Mattia Destro 10′
HELLAS VERONA 3-1 NAPOLI
Goal Scorers – Hellas Verona – Federico Dimarco 34′ Antonin Barak 62′ Mattia Zaccagni 79′
Goal Scorers – Napoli – Hirving Lozano 1′
LAZIO 2-1 SASSUOLO
Goal Scorers – Lazio – Sergej Milinkovic-Savic 25′ Ciro Immobile 72′
Goal Scorers – Sassuolo – Francesco Caputo 6′
PARMA 0-2 SAMPDORIA
Goal Scorers – Sampdoria – Maya Yoshida 25′ Keita balde 34′
- Simone Zaza’s two goals allowed Torino to leave Benevento with a point after being 2 goals down by the hour mark.
- Tuesday – Spezia were 4-2 winners in the Coppa Italia (round of 16) after extra time.
Saturday – Roma wins it late to secure three points in the league. 4-3.
Lorenzo Pellegrini scored the late winning goal in additional minutes for Roma to take all three points after Spezia coming from two goals down to almost taking a point in Rome. Daniele Verde’s 90th-minute goal looked to have gotten Spezia a point from a 3-3 draw until Pellegrini restored the lead for Roma in additional minutes to save his team from an embarrassingly dropping points and failing to beat Spezia at home after two tries in one week.
- Defeat in the league for AC Milan has come at home after conceding three goals.
AC Milan suffered defeat number two in the league after a 3-0 defeat to Atlanta.
A goalless draw against Udinese will feel like a defeat for Inter Milan.
- Crotone returned to defeat after their 4-1 win in the last round. They remain at the bottom of the league after a 2-1 defeat against Fiorentina.
- The goals didn’t come from the usual suspect, but Juventus got them to beat Bologna. New signings; Arthur Melo and Weston Mckennie were the scorers of the goals to lead Juventus to another win.
- Mattia Destro’s goal in the 10th minute held for Genoa to secure the maximum points against Cagliari. It 12 games without win (and 8 defeats) for Cagliari in the league,
- Despite being up a goal after just 9 seconds from the kick-off, Napoli ended the match on the wrong end of a 3-1 score against Hellas Verona.
- Lazio came from an early goal down to win ‘2-1’ against Sassuolo. It has been a good stretch of results in recent games for Lazio. (4 wins in a row).
- Back to back wins for Parma after 2-0 victory at Parma. The result marked 6 defeats in 10 consecutive league games without a win for Parma.