Paris St. Germain’s lead remains at 2 points as the top three teams coming into the round picked up wins.
Monaco dropped from 4th to 5th after defeat to Lille.
Marseille with two games in hand are 4 points from the top. Mathematically, they are the league leaders with wins from the outstanding games.
Montpellier fell from 5th to 6th after defeat against the league leaders.
Bordeaux used a win against Brest to get to the middle of the league table from 13th.
Dijon kept the bottom spot in the standings despite picking up a point.
Strasbourg leapt out of the bottom three with a win against Nantes.
Reims replaces Strasbourg in the bottom three.
Kylian Mbappe scored his 10th goal to remain top scorer in the league.
Kylian Mbappe (Paris St. Germain – 10 goals.
Boulaye Dia (Reims) – 8 goals
Karl Toko Ekambi (Lyon) – 7 goals.
Nimes 0-2 Marseille
Goal Scorers – Marseille – Dario Benedetto 57′ Valere Germain 84′
Rennes 0-2 Lens
Goal Scorers – Lens – Arnaud Kalimuendo-Muinga 28′ Ignatius Ganago 78′
Montpellier 1-3 Paris St. Germain
Goal Scorers – Montpellier – Stephy Mavididi 41′
Goal Scorers – Paris St. Germain – Colin Dagba 33′ Moise Kean 77′ Kylian Mbappe 90+1′
Lille 2-1 Monaco
Goal Scorers – Lille – Jonathan David 53′ Yusuf Yazici 65′
Goal Scorers – Monaco – Pietro Pellegri 90′
Angers 2-0 Lorient
Goal Scorers – Angers – Angelo fulgini 10′ Pierrick Cappelle 90+6′
Bordeaux 1-0 Brest
Goal Scorers – Bordeaux – Hatem Ben Arfa 84′
Dijon 0-0 Saint-Etienne
Nantes 0-4 Strasbourg
Goal Scorers – Strasbourg – Dimitri Lienard 16′ (pen) Habibou Diallo 34′ Ludovic Ajorque 78′(pen) Kevin Zohi 83′
Reims 0-0 Nice
Metz 1-3 Lyon
Goal Scorers – Metz -Farid Boulaya 75′
Goal Scorers – Lyon – Memphis Depay 17′ Karl Toko Ekambi 47′ 60′
- Two goals in the second half game Marseille a win against Nimes and a 6th straight league win since their streak of 4 games without a win in the league.
- Three league defeats in a row for Rennes after losing 2-0 at home to Lens.
Two second-half goals allowed Paris St. Germain to put an end to a short streak of two matches without a win in Ligue 1.
- Monaco’s winning streak in the league ends at 4 games. They lost 2-1 at Lille. It was the bounce back for Lille after the points dropped against Saint-Etienne in the last round.
- A back-to-back win for Angers after a 2-0 win at home against Lorient.
- After picking up a point in Paris against the defending champions, Bordeaux topped it up with a win in this round. Hatem Ben Arfa scored the only goal of the match in the 84th-minute to hand Bordeaux a win at home against Brest.
- The string of defeats have been put to a pause but Saint-Etienne’s winless streak continued after a goalless draw at Dijon. Both teams have been in poor form but Dijon with just a single win all season looked like the opposition for Saint-Etienne to get back to winning ways in the league.
- Strasbourg ened four games without a win with a 4-0 away victory against Nantes. The result was Nantes 4th straight game without a win (2D and 2L).
- A goalless draw between Reims and Nice. 6 games in all competitions without a win for Nice; includes elimination from their Europa League group.
- Karl Toko Ekambi has scored three and assisted three goals in the last two outings for Lyon. He scored the winning goal and the insurance goal for Lyon to take the three points from Metz. Metz would have been first on the score sheet if Farid Boylaya had converted from the spot in the 7th minute. Both teams ended the match with 10 men.