French Ligue 1
After 27 rounds of the 2019/20 season, there hasn’t been a doubt where the league title is staying at the end of the season. There are 11 more rounds left for the challengers to strip Paris St. Germain from their crown.
PSG maintain the 13 point lead at the top of the Ligue 1 standings.
Marseille held firm to Champions League direct qualification by securing three points to keep the gap between the top two teams in the league at 8 points.
The gap between the top four and the chasing packed was increased by two points after Monaco dropped points at home to Reims.
Lyon used a win over Saint-Etienne to take advantage of the points dropped by Monaco and Strasbourg. Lyon finished the round with a jump from 7th to 5th in the league.
Toulouse stay as they are at the bare bottom of the league standings.
The four teams at the bottom of the league standings stayed in their respective positions and picked up no points.
Kylian Mbappe (PSG) – 18 goals
Wissam Ben Yedder (Monaco) – 17 goals
Moussa Dembele (Lyon) – 16 goals
Nimes 2-3 Marseille
Goal Scorers Nimes – Zidane Ferhat 5′ Lucas Deaux 90+2′
Goal Scorers Marseille – Dario Benedetto 10′ 36′ 69′
Paris St.Germain 4-0 Dijon
Goal Scorers Paris St. Germain – Pablo Sarabia 3′ Kylian Mbappe 74′ 90+2′ Mauro Icardi 77′
Amiens 0-1 Metz
Goal Scorers Metz – Farid Boulaya 26′
Brest 0-1 Angers
Goal Scorers Angers -Stephane Bahoken 43′
Monaco 1-1 Reims
Goal Scorers Monaco – Wissam Ben Yedder 31′(pen)
Goal Scorers Reims – Hassane Kamara 58′
Montpellier 3-0 Strasbourg
Goal Scorers Montpellier – Teji Savanier 57′(pen) 65′ Gaetan Laborde 61′
Toulouse 0-2 Rennes
Goal Scorers Rennes – Benjamin Bourigeaud 3′ Faitout Maouassa 83′
Nantes 0-1 Lille
Goal Scorers Lille -Benjamin Andre 58′
Bordeaux 1-1 Nice
Goal Scorers Bordeaux -Nicolas de Preville 21′
Goal Scorers Nice – Adam Ounas 57′
Lyon vs Saint-Etienne
Goal Scorers Lyon – Moussa Dembele 27′ 90+6′(pen)
- Dario Benedetto’s three goals lead Marseille to the three points against Nimes. It was a need result for Marseill to bounce back from defeat to Nantes in the last round.
- Kylian Mbappe rises to the top of the goalscoring list with two goals in Paris St. Germain’s win against Dijon.
Had PSG been more clinical with the chances they had at goal, they could have won the match by a bigger margin than ‘4-0’.
- Metz picked up three points on the road through a narrow victory against Amiens. Farid Boulaya’s goal in the 26th-minute was the only goal of the match.
This was the 10th straight league match without a win for Amiens. (4L 6D), and the first win for Metz in their last 5 league matches.
- It was back to back win (and back-to-back 1-0) wins for Angers after getting the better of Brest. The win allowed Angers to create a two point gap between the two sides in the league standings.
- Reims earns a point on the road in consecutive matches.
Wissam Ben Yedder’s 17th-goal of the season wasn’t enough to earn Monaco a win at home against Reims.
- Teji Savanier contributed two goals in Montpelliers’s win against Strasbourg.
A ‘3-0’ home win allowed Montpellier to create a 2-point gap in the league standings between the two sides.
- Toulouse goes 17 straight league matches without a win; suffering defeat in 16 matches.
A ‘2-0’ defeat at home to Rennes was the latest result for a Toulouse side that is nose-diving into Ligue 2.
- Nantes went from a victory against Marseille in the last round to a ‘1-0’ defeat against Lille.
- Moussa Dembele scored his 15th and his 16th goal of the competition to hand Lyon a win at home against Saint-Etienne.