Spanish La Liga
26 rounds done and Real Madrid.
Real Madrid won the El Clasico to return to the top of the league standings.
The 9 points between second and third place in the league is the biggest margin in the league standings. Every other position in the standings is separated by 3 or less points.
Sevilla opened a 2 point lead on Atletico Madrid, while Getafe replaced them in the top four.
The bottom two teams (Espanyol and Leganes) were involved in a draw. For Espanyol, it was a point to deny Atletico Madrid the points needed to stay top four, and for Leganes it was to hold Alaves firm in the bottom half of the standings.
Lionel Messi (Barcelona) – 18 goals
Karim Benzema (Real Madrid) – 13 goals
Luis Suarez(Barcelona) – 11 goals
Lucas Perez (Alaves) – 11 goals
Real Sociedad 1-0 Real Valladolid
Goal Scorers Real Sociedad – Adnan Januzaj 60′
Eibar 3-0 Levante
Goal Scorers Eibar – Charles 27′ 48′ Fabian Orellana 84′
Valencia 2-1 Real Betis
Goal Scorers Valencia – Kevin Gameiro 60′ Dani Parejo 89′
Goal Scorers Real Betis – Loren Moron 90+3′
Leganes 1-1 Alaves
Goal Scorers Leganes – Guido Carrillo 59′
Goal Scorers Alaves – Lucas Perez 47′
Granada 0-0 Celta Vigo
Seville 3-2 Osasuna
Goal Scorers Sevilla – Youssef En-Nesyri 13′ 90+3′ Lucas Ocampos 45+1′
Goal Scorers Osasuna 0 Adriane Hernandez 64′ Roberto Torres 74′(pen)
Athletic Club 1-0 Villarreal
Goal Scorers Athletic Club – Sergio Asenjo 56
Espanyol 1-1 Atletico Madrid
Goal Scorers Espanyol – Stefan savic 24′(og)
Goal Scorers Atletico Madrid – Saul Niguez 47′
Mallorca 0-1 Getafe
Goal Scorers Getafe – Nemanja Maksimovic 67′
Real Madrid 2-0 Barcelona
Goal Scorers Real Madrid – Vinicius Junior 71′ Mariano 90+2′
- Real Sociedad opened the round with a win at home against Real Valladolid. Adnan Janujaz’s made the difference with the only goal of the match.
- Eibar made progress away from the relegation threat with a ‘3-0’ win against Levante.
- Valencia ended a run of 5 competitive matches without a win by picking up three points for a ‘2-1’ win against Real Betis. For Real Betis, that will be their 7th-straight match without a win. (6 in the league and 1 in the Copa del Rey)
- The best Leganes could do to help their relegation battles in this round was to settle for a point at home against Alaves.
- A goalless draw between Granada and Celta Vigo.
- A 10-man Osasuna sided was close to denying Sevilla a win.
Before Youssef En-Nesyri saved Sevilla with a late goal, Osasuna crawled back from two goals down to even the score after they were reduced to 10 men in the 54th-minute; when Sergio Herrera was sent off on a red card.
- Raul Garcia’s goal from the penalty spot was good enough for Athletic Club to seal their first league win in 11 matches with a victory over Villarreal.
- Vinicius Junior became the youngest player to score in the El Clasico when he scored the winning goal in the 71st-minute for Real Madrid to climb above Barcelona in the league table. It finished ‘2-0’ to Real Madrid.