Liverpool’s lead has been reduced to a mere 20 points.
Can they win the league now? 🙂
A goalless Merseyside derby shrunk Liverpoo’s lead from 22 to 20 points. 24 points left to go.
Manchester City hammered Burnley in the final match of the round to remain the only ‘challenger’.
Leicester City picked up a point from a draw against Watford.
Chelsea’s win against Aston Villa allowed the team to close in on third place; reducing the gap from 5 points to 3.
Manchester United stayed in 5th.
Wolves replaced Sheffield United in 6th with a win against West Ham.
Sheffield falls to 7th after a 3-0 defeat at Newcastle.
Crystal Palace moved into the top half of the league table after a win against Bournemouth. They replaced Arsenal in 9th.
Arsenal failed to take advantage of Tottenham’s results.
The occupants of the relegation zone were all on the losing end. They remained where they were.
The Leading Goalscorers
Jamie Vardy (Leicester City) – 19 goals
Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang (Arsenal) – 17 goals
Sergio Agüero (Manchester City) – 16 goals
Danny Ings (Southampton) – 16 goals
Mohamed Salah (Liverpool) – 16 goals
Norwich 0-3 Southampton
Goal Scorers Southampton – Danny Ings 49′ Staurt Armstrong 54′ Nathan Redmond 79′
Tottenham 1-1 Manchester United
Goal Scorers Tottenham – Steven Bergwjin 27′
Goal Scorers Manchester United – Bruno Fernandes 81′(pen)
Watford 1-1 Leicester City
Goal Scorers Watford -Craig Dawson 90+3′
Goal Scorers Leicester City – Ben Chilwell 90′
Brighton 2-1 Arsenal
Goal Scorers Brighton – Lewis Dunk 75′ Neal Maupay 90+5′
Goal Scorers Arsenal – Nicolas Pepe 68′
West Ham 0-2 Wolves
Goal Scorers Wolves – Raul Jimenez 73′ Pedro Neto 84′
Bournemouth 0-2 Crystal Palace
Goal Scorers Crystal Palace – Luka Milivojevic 12′ Jordan Ayew 23′
Newcastle 3-0 Sheffield United
Goal Scorers Newcastle – Allan Saint-Maximin 55′ Matt Ritchie 69′ Joelinton 78′
Aston Villa 1-2 Chelsea
Goal Scorers Aston Villa – Kortney Hause 43′
Goal Scorers Chelsea -Christian Pulisic 60′ Olivier Giroud 62′
Everton 0-0 Liverpool
Manchester City 5-0 Burnley
Goal Scorers Manchester City – Phil Foden 25′ 63′ Riyad Mahrez 43′ 45+3′ David Silva 51′
- Southampton opened the round a 3-0 win against Norwich.
- Bruno Fernandes and Paul Pogba were instrumental in the point Manchester United was able to pick at the Tottenham Stadium.
- Two late goals canceled out each other to leave Watford and Leicester City with a point each. It looked like Ben Chilwell’s goal in the 90th minute had secured three points on the road for Leicester, until Craig Dawson scored to ruin Leicester’s party.
- Brighton did a season double over Arsenal. – Just like their first meeting In the season, Brighton won the match by 2 goals to 1. Arsenal hasn’t won any of their last 4 matches against Brighton.
- Wolves scored two goals in the final quarter of the match to leave London with three points from West Ham.
- Crystal Palace picked up a win on the road to keep Bournemouth in the relegation zone.
- Three second-half goals handed Newcastle a home victory against Sheffield United.
- Chelsea found the goals in quick succession to bounce back from a first half defeat and pick up the three points from a 2-1 victory against Aston Villa.
- A goalless Merseyside derby leaves Liverpool 20-points clear with 27 points left to play for each club.
- Manchester City put 5 goals past Burnley.