Bayern Munich’s lead at the top of the standings is widedn to three points after RB Leipzig failed to secure the maximum points at home against Wolfsburg.
RB Leipzig was the only team in the top four not to win their match. This has resulted in the chasing pack closing in on the second-place position in the league. Borussia Dortmund is a point away, and Borussia Monchengladbach is a win away and a goal in hand to overtake.
The draw at Leipzig might not have allowed Leverkusen to close in on the top four, bur with Schalke suffering defeat against FC Koln, the gap between 5th-place Leverkusen and 6th-place Schalke increased by a point.
The fixture for Werder Bremen and Frankfurt was postponed for a later date.
Werder Bremen stayed in their position with the rest of the 5 bottom teams in the league standings.
Robert Lewandowski (Bayern Munich) – 25 goals
Timo Werner (RB Leipzig) – 21 goals
Jadon Sancho (Borussia Dortmund) – 14 goals
Robin Quaison (Mainz) – 12 goals
Fortuna Dusseldorf 3-3 Hertha Berlin
Goal Scorers Fortuna Dusseldorf – Kenan Karaman 6′ 10 45+1′
Goal Scorers Hertha Berlin – Erik Thommy 64′ Matheus Cunha 66′ Krzystof Piatek 75′(pen)
Augsburg 2-3 Borussia Monchengladbach
Goal Scorers Augsburg – Eduard Lowen 57′ Alfred Finnbogason 83′
Goal Scorers Borussia Monchengladbach – Ramy Bensebaini 49′ Lars Stindl 53′ 79′
Borussia Dortmund 1-0 Freiburg
Goal Scorers Borussia Dortmund – Jadon Sancho 15′
Mainz 2-0 Paderborn
Goal Scorers Mainz – Robin Quaison 29′ Karim Onisiwo 37′
Hoffenheim 0-6 Bayern Munich
Goal Scorers Bayern Munich – Serge Gnabry 2′ Joshua Kimmich 7′ Joshua Zirkzee 15′ Philippe Coutinho 33′ 47′ Leon Goretzka 62′
FC Koln 3-0 Schalke
Goal Scorers FC Koln – Sebastiaan Bornauw 9′ Jhon Cordoba 39′ Alexander Nubel 75′(og)
Union Berlin 2-2 Wolfsburg
Goal Scorers Union Berlin – Sebastien Andersson 41′ Marvin Friedrich 56′
Goal Scorers Wolfsburg – Yannick Gerhardt 60′ Wout Weghorst 81′
RB Leipzig 1-1 Bayer Leverkusen
Goal Scorers RB Leipzig – Patrik Schick 32′
Goal Scorers Bayer Leverkusen – Leon Bailey 29′
Werder Bremen vs Eintracht Frankfurt(postponed)
Fortuna Dusseldorf blew a first-half lead of 3 goals in about 10 minutes against Hertha Berlin.
- Lars Stindl’s brace secured the three points at Augsburg for Borussia Monchengladbach.
- Jadon Sancho scored the only goal of the match for Borussia Dortmund to get the three points at home against Freiburg.
- It was quite an even contest but Paderborn remained glued to the bottom of the league standings after ending up on the wrong end of the score against Mainz.
- Bayern Munich had a commanding lead against Hoffenheim before unrest caused the match to be suspended. The players returned to play and spent the final 10 minutes of the match kicking the ball around to burn the time.
- Schalke’s way of bouncing back from a ‘5-0’ defeat at home to RB Leipzig was to go to Cologne and lose ‘3-0’ against FC Koln. A consecutive win for FC Koln and a consecutive defeat for Schalke. FC Koln reduced the point-gap between the two teams sto 7 points.
- Union Berlin couldn’t hold on to a two-goal second half lead against Wolfsburg. It ended a point a piece after Wolfsburg fought back to earn a deserved point from a 2-2 draw.
- Patrick Schick quickly canceled out the lead Leon Bailey had given Leverkusen, but that was the end of the goalscoring between RB Leipzig and Bayer Leverkusen.
Leverkusen need the win to help their move towards a top four finish, while RB Leipzig need the win to to keep up with Bayern Munich in the title race. “
- Frankfurt’s Europa League game against RB Salzburg was moved from Thursday to Friday, meaning that the Frankfurt players would have had less than 48 hours to regenerate for their game on Sunday