THE DEFENDING CHAMPIONS EXTEND THEIR LEAD WHILE THEIR RIVALS SLIP UP.
With the exception of Bayern Munich, the teams in the ‘top four’ at the start of the round suffered defeat.
7 points clear. Bayern Munich widened their lead in the title race with a win against Schalke.
Defeat to Monchengladbach dropped Dortmund from 4th to 7th.
Monchengladbach moved up from 7th to 5th and a point from a Champions League qualifying spot.
Wolfsburg took 4th place with a win against Leverkusen.
Frankfurt and Union Berlin switched positions in the standings.
Frankfurt moved up two positions to 6th after an away victory.
While Union Berlin fell two positions to 8th after an away defeat.
There was no positional movement in the bottom half of the league standings.
Mainz moved 5 points away from ‘relegation-playoff spot after beating RB Leipzig.
Robert Lewandowski (Bayern Munich) -23 goals
Erling Haaland (Dortmund) – 14 goals
André Silva (Frankfurt) – 14 goals
Andrej Kramarić (Hoffenheim) -12 goals
Wout Weghorst (Wolfsburg) – 10 goals
Silas Wamangituka (Stuttgart) – 10 goals
MONCHENGLADBACH 4-2 DORTMUND
Goal Scorers – Monchengladbach – Nico Elvedi 11′ 32′ Ramy Bensebaini 49′ Marcus Thuram 78′
Goal Scorers – Dortmund – Erling Braut Haaland 22′ 28′
ARMINIA BIELEFELD 1-5 FRANKFURT
Goal Scorers – Arminia Bielefeld – Sergio Cordova 36′
Goal Scorers – Frankfurt – Andre Silva 25′ Filip Kostic 27′
AUGSBURG 2-1 UNION BERLIN
Goal Scorers – Augsburg – Florian Niederlechner 17′ 47′
Goal Scorers – Union Berlin – Marcus Ingvartsen 25′
LEVERKUSEN 0-1 WOLFSBURG
Goal Scorers – Wolfsburg – Bote Baku 35′
FREIBURG 2-1 STUTTGART
Goal Scorers – Freiburg – Ermedin Demirovic 14′ Woo-Yeong Jeong 37′
Goal Scorers – Stuttgart – Silas Wamangituka Fundu 7′
MAINZ 3-2 RB LEIPZIG
Goal Scorers – Mainz – Moussa Niakate 24′ 35′ Leandro Barreiro 50′
Goal Scorers – RB Leipzig – Tyler Adams 15′ Marcel Halstenberg 30′
HERTHA BERLIN 1-4 WERDER BREMEN
Goal Scorers – Hertha Berlin – Jhon Cordoba 45+2′
Goal Scorers – Werder Bremen – Davie Selke 10′(pen) Omer Toprak 29′ Leandro Bittencourt 57′ Joshua Sargent 77′
SCHALKE 0-4 BAYERN MUNICH
Goal Scorers – Bayern Munich – Thomas Muller 33′ 88′ Robert Lewandowski 54′ David Alaba 90′
HOFFENHEIM 3-0 FC KOLN
Goal Scorers – Hoffenheim – Andrej Kramaric 7′ 75′(pen) Christoph Baumgartner 28′
- Erling Braut Haaland added a pair of goals to his league tally but couldn’t save Dortmund from a successive league defeat. Dortmund have 1 point in their last three games after a 4-2 loss to Monchengladbach. Nico Elvedi contributed two goals to his side’s win. Monchengladbach have 13 points from a possible 15 since the start of the year.
- Luka Jovic came off the bench and scored the final goal of the match for Eintracht Frankfurt to pick up 3 points in a 5-1 away win against Arminia Bielefeld. Andre Silva scored two goals In the opening half to send Frankfurt into the break 3-1 up.
- Florian Niederlechner’s goals handed Augburg the win against Union Berlin. A consecutive league defeat for Union Berlin; and an end to a three match losing streak for Augsburg.
- Bote Baku’s 35th minute goal decided the game for Wolfsburg against Leverkusen. The result allowed Wolfsburg to equal Leverkusen in points.
- Leaondro Barriero scored the only goal in the second half to add to Moussa Niakhate’s first half brace for Mainz to edge out RB Leipzig.
- Hertha Berlin’s only win from their last 8 league games has come against Schalke. Werder Bremen picked up a 4-1 win in Berlin.
- A hattrick of assist from Joshua Kimmich and a brace from Thomas Muller was how Bayern Munich ended up getting the 4-0 win at Schalke. Two late goals denied Schalke from a respectable defeat.
- FC Koln returned to a defeat after their midweek victory against Schalke. Andrej Kramaric scored twice from the penalty spot in Hoffenheim’s 3-0 win against FC Koln.