With 10 rounds left and 9 points clear, the current top four could be the makeup of the teams that would be qualifying for next season’s UEFA Champions League.
All the teams in the top four picked up three points.
Roma getting beaten by AC Milan widened the gap between the top four and the remainder of the league to 9 points.
Juventus kicked off the round with a 4-0 victory against Lecce, and Lazio matched that by grabbing themselves a win against Fiorentina.
Napoli moved three points from Roma after picking getting a win over relegation zoned SPAL.
Both SPAL and Lecce were on the wrong end of the score.
Bottom table Brescia picked up a point from a ‘2-2’ draw with relegation threatened Genoa.
Ciro Immobile (Lazio) – 28 goals
Cristiano Ronaldo (Juventus) – 23 goals
Juventus 4-0 Lecce
Goal Scorers Juventus -Paulo Dybala 53′ Cristiano Ronaldo 62′(pen) Gonzalo Higuain 83′, Mathijs de Ligt 85′
Brescia 2-2 Genoa
Goal Scorers Brescia – Alfredo Donnarumma 10′ Alessandro Semprini 13′
Goal Scorers Genoa – Iago Falque 38′(pen) Andrea Pinamonti 70′(pen)
Cagliari 4-2 Torino
Goal Scorers Cagliari – Nahitan Nandez 12′ Giovanni Simeone 17′ Radja Nainggolan 46′ Joao Pedro 68′
Goal Scorers Torino – Gleizon Bremer 60′ Andrea Belotti 66′
Lazio 2-1 Fiorentina
Goal Scorers Lazio -Ciro Immobile 67′(pen) Luis Alberto 83′
Goal Scorers Fiorentina – Franck Ribery 25′
AC Milan 2-0 Roma
Goal Scorers AC Milan -Ante Rebic 76′ Hakan Calhanoglu 89′
Napoli 3-1 SPAL
Goal Scorers Napoli – Dries Mertens 4′ Jose Maria Callejon 36′ Amin Younes 78′
Goal Scorers SPAL -Andrea Petagna 29′
Sampdoria 1-2 Bologna
Goal Scorers Sampdoria – Federico Bonazzoli 88′
Goal Scorers Bologna – Musa Barrow 72′(pen) Ricardo Orsolini 75′
Sassuolo 3-3 Hellas Verona
Goal Scorers Sassuolo – Jeremie Boga 53′ 77′ Rogerio 90+7′
Goal Scorers Hellas Verona -Darko Lazovic 51′ Mariusz Stepinski 57′ Matteo Pessina 68′
Udinese 2-3 Atalanta
Goal Scorers Udinese – Kevin Lasagna 31′ 87′
Goal Scorers Atalanta – Duvan Zapta 9′ Luis Muriel 71′ 79′
Parma 1-2 Inter Milan
Goal Scorers Parma – Gervinho 15′
Goal Scorers Inter Milan Stefan de Vrij 84′ Alessandro Bastoni 87′
- After a goalless opening 45 minutes, 4 goals were scored in the second half to seal a 4-0 win for Juventus against Lecce.
- Goals from the penalty spot gave way for Genoa to bounce back from two goals down to leave Brescia with a point.
- A 4-2 victory at home against Torino saw Cagliari make it a consecutive league victory after 4 straight defeats. Torino has one victory in their last 10 competitive matches.
- To keep up the pace with Juventus, Lazio had to fight to overturn a goal deficit to pick up three points from a ‘2-1’ victory against Fiorentina.
- AC Milan beat Roma to get a winning run to the season restart. Ante Rebic and Hakan Calhanoglu provided the goals for Milan.
- It was a 6-goal second-half thriller between Sassuolo and Hellas Verona. Both sides picked up a point after evenly sharing the goals but it was Sassuolo that had to come back from two goals down to avoid a defeat at home.
- Luis Muriel’s brace gave Atalanta the three points against Udinese. Muriel’s second goal ended up being the winning goal after Kevin Lasagna scored his and Udinese’s second goal of the match/
- Inter Milan turned the game in their favor in the final 10 minutes of the regulation time. Inter came from a goal down to win at Parma.