Manchester City losing the Manchester Derby gave Liverpool a 25-point lead at the top of the table, with a maximum of 39 points left for each team when the outstanding fixtures are played.
Manchester City has a game (against Arsenal) to get a win that will move them closer to Liverpool and reinstate the 7-point lead they lost on Leicester City, while Manchester United stay three points away from the top four after another successful Manchester Derby.
Tottenham’s poor form has them in 8th place.
There wasn’t a point gained amongst the bottom 5 teams.
Norwich look unlikely to avoid relegation.
Aston Villa isn’t safe either.
Sheffield United remains the only team from the recently promoted to stay up.
Jamie Vardy scored two in Leicester City’s ‘4-0’ win against Aston Vila.
Vardy’s goals were his first in the calendar year, but enough to keep him at the lead in the golden boot race.
Liverpool 2-1 Bournemouth
Goal Scorers Liverpool – Mohamed Salah 25′ Sadio Mane 33′
Goal Scorers Bournemouth – Callum Wilson 9′
Arsenal 1-0 West Ham
Goal Scorers Arsenal – Alexandre Lacazette 78′
Crystal Palace 1-0 Watford
Goal Scorers Crystal Palace – Jordan Ayew 28′
Sheffield United 1-0 Norwich
Goal Scorers Sheffield United – Billy Sharp 36′
Southampton 0-1 Newcastle
Goal Scorers Newcastle – Allan Saint-Maximin 79′
Wolves 0-0 Brighton
Burnley 1-1 Tottenham
Goal Scorers Burnley – Chris Wood 13′
Goal Scorers Tottenham – Dele Alli 50′
Chelsea 4-0 Everton
Goal Scorers Chelsea – Mason Mount 14′ Pedro Rodriguez 21′ Willian 51′ Olivier Giroud 54′
Manchester United 2-0 Manchester City
Goal Scorers Manchester United – Anthony Martial 30′ Scott McTominay 90+6′
Leicester City 4-0 Aston Villa
Goal Scorers Leicester City – Harvey Barnes 40′ 85′ Jamie Vardy 63′ 79′
- Liverpool bounced back from an early goal down to get a win against Bournemouth to put them back on track to secure the league title.
Before Sadio Mane scored the winning goal in the 33rd-minute for Liverpool to get a step closer to the league title, Mohamed Salah became the fastest player to score 70 goals for Liverpool when he got Liverpool level in the 25th-minute.
- Alexandre Lacazette’s 78th-minute winning goal made the difference for Arsenal at home against West Ham.
- Jordan Ayern’s 28th-minute winning goal made the difference to Crystal Palace at home against Watford.
- Billy Sharp’s 36th-minute winning goal made the difference for Sheffield United at home against Norwich City.
- Matt Richied missed a penalty that would have sent Newcastle into the break with a lead against a 10-man Southampton.
Allan Saint-Maximin’ 79th-minute goal handed Newcastle a consecutive away victories with a ‘1-0’ win at Southampton.
- Wolves were held to a goalless draw at home by Brighton.
- Dele Alli’s penalty earns Tottenham a draw at Burnley.
- Chelsea took out the other Merseyside team after knocking out Liverpool from the FA Cup.
This time around with double of the goals scored. Chelsea convincingly beat Everton 4-0 to stay put in the top four.
- Manchester was painted red after Manchester United defeated Manchester City to help Liverpool get to the league title quicker.
The ‘2-0’ victory keeps Manchester United in touching distance from securing a Champions League qualifying position for the coming season.
- Jamie Vardy took his goals tally to 19 after coming off the bench to score two goals in Leicester City’s ‘4-0’ win against Aston Villa.